Search This Blog

Friday, January 17, 2014

Flying with change

Just recently a relationship with what I thought was a good friend changed. Actually, it just stopped. I am not sure what happened. I have reached out to no avail. It saddens me a bit. I kept going over and over  in my head the events of our last converstation and nothing comes to mind. I could spend a lot more time wondering and probably still not come up with the answer.

Something has changed. I tell myself that it is for the best. If I say it three times that makes it so. I am not sure I want it to be so. However it appears that I have no choice. I was comfortable with things the way they were. Perhaps I was not paying enough attention to the signs.There are always signs. Things just don't happen or unhappen. The key is to notice them and then to do something about them if you can or if you care enough.

One thing I know for sure is that it is so much easier to deal with the end when there is a goodbye. It may not be less painful, but at least the intention is clear. Maybe one day we will cross paths again. And maybe I will ask or maybe I will just realize that it is what it was and let it go at that.

Any change, any loss, does not make us victims. Others can shake you, surprise you, disappoint you, but they can't prevent you from acting, from taking the situation you're presented with and moving on. No matter where you are in life, no matter what your situation, you can always do something. You always have a choice and the choice can be power.
Blaine Lee

No comments: