Search This Blog

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Flying iwth Thursday's Word FEAR by Brenda Smith

Thursday's Word

WORD:  FEAR
DEFINED: Terror, worry and the feeling of being afraid.
SCRIPTURE: “…….Fear not, neither be thou dismayed: “ Joshua 8:1

“NO FEAR IN THIS YEAR.”

Psalm 27:1-3
The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?  When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell. Though a host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.
We had many fears this past year. We conquered them and some we may have tucked away and are still nursing them. Let me say to you today....FEAR NOT!! We have worried over healthcare, job security, finances, family members, etc. God is telling us to not worry and be anxious over anything.  A host, which is an army may rise up against you, but not do fear because God is with you. You fears will disappear. The secret to perfect peace is to put your Trust in God!

Philippians 4:6-7
Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be make known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
People find that worry is easier and trusting is hard. We have to depend on things that are beyond our scope of control, protection, and understanding. That is why God is in control because He knows the beginning from the end. Our concentration this year is to Trust and Obey.

FAITH sees the invisible,
BELIEVES the unbelievable, and
RECEIVES the impossible.
WITH God all things are possible.

Brenda Smith

No comments: