Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Flying with blessings

I love to be able to bless people. I think I do it quite often. I got my hand slapped the other day for blocking my own blessings. That's right, I got hit hard upside my head. The sad thing is that I have been doing this for so long that I did not even realize I was doing it. That is what sistergirlfriends are for. They know when you need shaking and they are probably the only ones who are not afraid to shake you and they are certainly the only ones that you will allow to shake you. At least that is how it is in my world.

Anyway, someone offered to help me get to an event and I said no. I said that I was not in a position to go and I refused his assistance. My sistergirlfriend asked me if I thought I was too good to accept a blessing. Of course not I replied. Then she asked me why I was not accepting the gift of the trip. Interesting. Interesting because I am all about telling others to ask for help, helping them get the help, and yet I think that if I cannot do it myself I don't deserve it.

How crazy is that? You can say it, I will not be offended. It is real crazy. None of us succeed without the help of others. NONE OF US. And that includes me. I promise to do better. I promise not to look at every gift as if there are strings attached. After all, somewhere I heard that sometimes a gift is just a gift. And this week I am accepting the gift. Details to follow!

No comments: