Search This Blog

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Flying in El Rio Debajo El Rio: The river beneath the river, part 2

This is the second installment from Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estés' Battlescars: women’s souls cannot be killed


The Newest Death Cult: Slander of Women

Watching the overculture slash and burn Hillary Clinton ( too wily and driven), Michelle Obama (too _itchy), Judith Giuliani, (too sexual), Theresa Hines (too pushy), Cindy McCain (too rich _itch), Mrs. Tancredo, (too old and ugly), Sr. Dorothy Stang, (interfering _itch), it appears that each day on the TV, on the Internet, by fiat, brings more psychological slashing or actual exiling of some dear sister, nun, holy person, innocent, artist, helper, visionary, would-be leader in her own right.

Calling out women repeatedly in the most vile, uncivil and punitive terms seems to be the newest "death cult" being "normalized" by our culture. And with even more finality, some, like Sr. Dorothy are called out by being murdered, shot at point blank range in 2005, because she helped indigenous people in Brazil to hold onto their lands, fending off those who would exploit and steal from the poor.

All these women, and more, sliced and diced for being what? They were all defined as too ... too something or other, or not enough this other indefinable thing. All these women, being character assassinated without their detractors ever having met them in depth -- or being assassinated literally. This strident, cardboard cut-out misrepresentation of women, this falsely claiming women’s lives are precious, but then not protecting them and their ideas pressed into their very cells by the Holy Spirit. All these desecrations of women’s minds, imaginations and lives come from those who carry calcified custom, petrified tradition, and who insist on atherosclerotic dictums.

Have you been called too something by people who did not even know you? Too big, small, tall, short, fat, skinny, black, white, rich, poor, smart, silly, or something else? Have you called another woman you did not know too something? Did it bring you any sense of satisfaction? Did it give you more power, money, status, love or anything? If not, what was the purpose? And if so, what did you gain?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

D, Hey Sister girl, I love this post. Thank you. As long as we women back bite each other and try to diguise it as "help" we will hold each other down.
My way of coping with these type of women is to stay away from them. I am so thankful that I am an artist and fashion designer and I work for myself so I can control to a great extent who comes into my world. As I use the law of attraction more and more in my life,I have manifested cool, upbeat, uplifting, kind and spiritual sisters of my heart into my life, that have a level of maturity not seem among the average crowd. I am so blessed and so grateful for all that I have and I am thankful for you!
Love and light,
Cookie