Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Flying with a view

The other day I went for a run with my friend Tammy. I needed the push and the accountability. If not I would have just stayed in my bed a bit longer. And as usual, I am always happy that I ran.

For the record, I hate running in circles. So we ran around Lake Mayer then ventured out on the road. Then it started to rain. Actually a light mist, but the weatherman said expect rain so we turned around just in case the skies opened.

Then we saw the birds. There were beautiful egrets in flight. And blue herons. It is hard to see, but in the picture there is a blue heron. At least I think that is what it is. I am a bit rusty on my sea fowl now that I do not see them as often. It is times like this that I miss living in Charleston where I saw water on a daily basis.

And then there were the geese. Nice and big. And this one just posed. At one point it looked at me (I do not know the males from the females so I am using the pronoun it). It looked directly at me and I guess I was taking too long to take the picture that it turned its head and refused to look at me again. And perhaps I was a bit too close, like in his personal space. He did not honk. He just stood there waiting for something. At least that is what I think.

The main thing outside of actually getting some physical exercise done is the realization that I would not have seen any of these birds if I had stayed in my house. I would not have felt the gentle breeze against my skin or the light misty cool rain. Some days that is all I need.





No comments: