Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Flying in a daze

Last week was exhausting. I ran another half marathon. I know, I know, I did that to myself. It is my last one this year. I hope to do a better job of planning next year. My goal was to reach 20 lifetime half marathons and I did. And yes, I could have waited to reach that goal NEXT year, but I didn't.

And yes, I know that part of controlling the crazies is to not create them. I have created a lot of them this year. Next year, actually from here on out I will do my best to do better.

I finally moved into my house and am surrounded on all sides by tons of boxes. the move (my first non-Army one) was not as smooth as I would have liked. Then the beautiful red sleeper sofa that I bought for my office would not fit in the room because the hallway is much too narrow.

So, now I am back to looking for furniture, again. And I still do not have a rug for the living room, coffee table, kitchen table or chairs, and probable many other things that my mother will point out to me. I would figure them out eventually, but she will help me make a list. I made a list for my dad which includes hanging my art. I am not sure I have enough wall space for it all, but the important pieces will get hung. My housewarming party is December 3rd.

And to add to everything, there was the election. I am still having difficulty with that one. But it is what it is and I need to be an adult and figure it out. At this point qualifications do not matter. I am not sure they mattered in the first place, sadly.

So I bought myself another mantra band. This one says "Smile, breathe, and go slowly". I definitely need that reminder. I need to take one day at a time and sometimes one minute at a time. I need to do what I need to do to get through the day. And that varies from day to day. I am learning to be fine with that.