Search This Blog

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Flying with Thursday's Word by Brenda Smith

Chetan Menaria

Thursday's Word



WORD: WORK

DEFINED: Effort directed to produce or accomplish something.


SCRIPTURE: "Faith without works is dead." (James 2:20)


Are you giving life to your faith? If we aren’t doing something that shows that we believe God, the Bible says that our faith is dead. Dead faith won’t accomplish anything. We have to give life to our faith by putting actions behind it. It doesn’t have to be anything big, just something that shows your faith in God. For example, I know people who are down and discouraged. They pray, “God, please get me out of this discouragement. God, give me my joy back. God, give me a new beginning.” And yes, prayer is important, but it’s only part of the process. What really causes God to act is when you do something about it—you get back up, dust yourself off, and say, “You know what? I’m not going to stay down. This is the day the Lord has made! I am going to be happy and have a great day.” That’s putting action behind your faith.


I encourage you today to let your actions give life to your faith. Show the world that you are trusting God’s Word. As you do, you’ll give life to your faith and step into new levels of His victory and blessing in every area of your life!


Father, thank You for Your Word that builds faith in my heart and refreshes my soul. I choose to put action behind my faith today. I choose to give life to my faith so that You can accomplish Your will in me in Jesus’ name.  Amen.

No comments: