Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Flying while broken apart with Cayce

I 'borrowed' this from my friend Cayce's Facebook page. I am sure I am not the only person who can relate to being betrayed by someone close. And it hurts even more when that person expects things to immediately return to normal once an apology has been given. And sometimes that person gets angry when the response to the apology isn't cheerful.  Or when we are supposed to assume an apology never spoken. 


                                                                                Demi DeHerrera

I have experienced a lot of hurt in my life. I have also received numerous empty apologies following those hurts. Those who deliver the apologies tend to think that makes the hurt just go away. It doesn't go away. Each of those hurts is like a piece of this broken plate. "I'm sorry" simply won't put it back together. Time, understanding, love, respect ... those act as a glue, but even after being glued back together, there will always be evidence of the brokenness.
The moral of this story: Treat people as gently as you would a piece of expensive fine china. Once you start breaking it, it will never be the same again. 
        












No comments: