Search This Blog

Monday, March 16, 2015

Flying in a sacred place, a re-post

This was sent to me by my mom. I think it is important that we remember this and think upon it frequently.

Joseph Barrientos


Sacred Space

The Presence of God

The more we call on God
the more we can feel God's presence.
Day by day we are drawn closer
to the loving heart of God.

Freedom

"In these days, God taught me as a schoolteacher teaches a pupil" (Saint Ignatius).
I remind myself that there are things God has to teach me yet,
and ask for the grace to hear them and let them change me.

Consciousness

In the presence of my loving Creator, I look honestly at my feelings over the last day,
the highs, the lows and the level ground.
Can I see where the Lord has been present?

The Word
Mark 8:27-33

Jesus went on with his disciples to the villages of Caesarea Philippi; and on the way he asked his disciples, 'Who do people say that I am?' And they answered him, 'John the Baptist; and others, Elijah; and still others, one of the prophets.' He asked them, 'But who do you say that I am?' Peter answered him, 'You are the Messiah.' And he sternly ordered them not to tell anyone about him.

Then he began to teach them that the Son of Man must undergo great suffering, and be rejected by the elders, the chief priests, and the scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again. He said all this quite openly. And Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him. But turning and looking at his disciples, he rebuked Peter and said, 'Get behind me, Satan! For you are setting your mind not on divine things but on human things.'


What are you saying to me, Lord?

Some thoughts on today's scripture

• The disciples saw that Jesus was discussed and famous and could not see how that might end in suffering. Jesus invites me to accompany him in quiet, to learn from him and to accept difficulties with him.

• Peter wanted to manage Jesus. Perhaps I, too, seek to limit Jesus in my life, preferring to direct him rather than follow.

Conversation

How has God's Word moved me? Has it left me cold? Has it consoled me or moved me to act in a new way?
I imagine Jesus standing or sitting beside me, I turn and share my feelings with him.

Conclusion

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end.



Amen

No comments: