Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Flying from a different perspective

Jared Erondu
I need a new attitude, a new perspective on things. Yes I know things could be worse. And yes I know that there are those who have it worse than I do. But honestly that knowledge does not make me feel better. That knowledge does not take away my 'stuff'.

I realize that I do not have it bad. Perhaps I just have a higher standard for myself. I just aim a little better, soar a little higher, and dare I say crashed a little harder. I understand that.

I also understand that every now and then I need an attitude adjustment. I need to look at things from a different angle. Maybe from the left instead of the right, or up instead of down, or just a completely different way.

It happens to all of us or at least to everyone I know. Yet many do not accept the responsibility to make the change to dare to at least try to see things from a different vantage point. Just to see if things look any different. Any brighter, darker, shinier, dimmer, or the same. Yes, some things will always look the same.

So today I am going to try to see things through new eyes. Through new thought. Without judgments, preconceived notions or thoughts. I am going to try to see things just as they are and find out if that makes a difference. Maybe then my attitude will change.