Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Flying in the meantime

Jens Mayer

Do you ever feel as if you are not moving forward or maybe not moving at all? That the same four walls that surround you every day are the same day in and day out? I think we have all been there. That period of time when you are waiting on your THING to appear. And maybe at this point you don't even remember what your THING is. Yup, been there many many many times.

So what do you do? Do you give up on your THING for the moment? Do you pretend all is well? Do you fill your agenda with 'other stuff' so that you do not even realize you are not on the path to your THING?

I have done all of the above and probably still am. Why? Because for a hot moment I sought comfort in all of the 'other stuff'. Because I am the great procrastinator. I can do miracles hours before a deadline. I do so well that often I amaze myself. I know, that is so not the point. The point is that I get off track. I often get so caught up in the 'other stuff' that I forget that I am actually supposed to be working towards the goal or the THING. And that is so easy to do in times of hardships and despair.

One day I will refocus. One day I will see just the hint of light at the end of the tunnel. One day one of the irons in the fire will actually be hot enough. Just you wait and see. Just you wait and see. So in the meantime I will keep moving. Some times not forwards or backwards. Some times I am just treading, but that means I am still afloat.