Search This Blog

Monday, April 14, 2014

Flying when God's timing is taking too long, a re-post sort of

I read this excellent article by Joyce Meyer. The title caught my attention because I have been having conversations about God's timing most of last week. I know that a lot of the time I do not understand why things happen the way they happen until much later, if ever. It is in the heat of the moment that I lose hope, feel undone, doubt our myself, and cry a lot.

A friend told me to do all that I can in the situation then trust in God and stop worrying. Yes, that is so much easier said than done. I am speaking from experience on that one. but it really isn't. It isn't once I decided that just because I was going through something I did not have to wear it on my face. Yes, I am in the midst of a struggle but I did not have to be panicked, stressed, or upset about it.

Prayer is not asking. It is a longing of the soul. It is a daily admission of one's weakness. It is better in prayer to have a heart without words that words without a heart.

Mahatma Gandhi

And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.

Galatians 6:9


No comments: