Search This Blog

Monday, March 24, 2014

Flying while really really not

I am back after a very interesting weekend. I really wasn't flying. If you had seen me you would have not recognized me. At first I thought it was packback for eating too much fried chicken and definitely too much cake. But around midnight the violent vomiting and explosive diarrhea indicated something much more severe. This lasted for about 7 hours. I was taken by ambulance to the hospital (a first and hopefully last for me) and spent a few hours hooked to an IV. 

I want to thank my students (yes, I was in class when I abruptly bolted to the bathroom as the fun continued) for taking such good care of me and showing me tons up love and support. And also others (one in particular) who helped me pull myself together so I could leave the building to get the medical attention I needed. 

It is good to remember that in crises, natural crises human beings forget awhile their ignorances, their biases, their prejudices. For a little while, neighbors help neighbors and strangers help strangers. 

Maya Angelou

No comments: