Search This Blog

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Flying with Thursday's Word by Brenda Smith

Thursday's Word

It's Praying Time!  Saints, there should never be a time in your life that you are not praying. Prayers of thanksgiving, gratitude, encouragement, praying for the sick, and for yourself. Always a reason, but  praying is more than asking God for things. It is simply a way to communicate with God. Remember this...God has planned for us much more than we even dare to imagine!

PRAYER FOR STRENGTH(for yourself or someone in need)
Lord, you are Holy above all others, and all of the strength that I need is in your hands. I am not asking, Lord, that you take this trial away. Instead, I simply ask that You give me the strength to get through it. I will admit that it is hard, Lord. Sometimes, I feel like I can't go on. The pain and the feeling of hopelessness can be great. Philippians 4:13 states...I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Lord, I am trusting in Your Word in Jesus name. Amen

At times it can feel like the world is weighing down on your shoulders and that your life is falling apart. Sometimes you have no control over what is going on in your life. You just can't seem to make things better. No matter what it is that your going through or how big your obstacles are even if they are as big as mountains, all you have to do is pray for strength. Just say God I pray for strength please give me the strength and courage that I need to win this battle. I can't do it alone. Then continue to personalize your prayer to fit your current situation. Our God is a God of miracles, no matter how bad you think it is, God can make it better.

Deuteronomy 31:6 "Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you."

Matthew 6:7 "But when you pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen [do]: for they think they shall be heard for their much speaking."

John 14:13 "And whatsoever ye shall say in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son."

As you pray, await your answer to your prayers. God will answer you and give you the wisdom and revelation you need mostly through Scripture. You can pray alone, or find a prayer partner or a prayer group.  All of this is to strengthen you and make you stronger in the Lord.

God bless you is my prayer!!

Brenda Smith
 

No comments: