Search This Blog

Monday, January 13, 2014

Flying knowing God is near

While on the way to Jackson, MS I noticed a strange light in the sky. At first I thought it was the sun, but the sun was about 20 feet away from the light. I imagined that I was watching a rainbow form. I waited and waited and waited. The rainbow did not come, but the light moved and changed along the way.

This was just a gentle reminder that God is near. That beauty can be found in the most unusual places. That many things are beyond our understanding and that is exactly how it is supposed to be.

I went on to Jackson to run my half marathon. I felt a bit overwhelmed because I did not actually train for it. I had been running, but did not deviate from my general training schedule. I am so glad it included a weekly 10 mile run. I was not prepared for all of the hills, but I finished the race and it was not my slowest time. Isn't my medal beautiful?

God uses beautiful mathematics in creating the world. 

Paul Dirac