Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Flying in snow?

Yes, that is right. Snow is about to hit us in South Carolina again. Everything is shutting down at noon and nothing will be open tomorrow. And then next week it will be in the 60s. This truly confirms that we are not in control of things.

I left my house much earlier than usual for the drive to Savannah. And yes, I was secretly hoping that school would be closed today. I wanted to get here before the storm did. I succeeded. I had a touch of rain along the way. I say a touch because it was not enough to make people drive like crazy. And I am very thankful for that.

I want to make snow cream, but I doubt there will be enough snow for that and I have to wait until the second snowfall anyway. So I will just be content and eat my barbecue potato chips and drink my water. And I will be calm. After class I will drive to the house where I am staying. I will not get angry at those who do not know how to drive in the snow. I will just remind myself that there was a point when I did not know how to drive in it either. Of course that was before my life in Maryland, Indiana, and Germany. No matter. It is what it is and today and maybe tomorrow it will be a spectacle.

Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating, there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.
 
John Ruskin



No comments: