Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Flying tired

I am a little bit tired. I want to blame it on getting in 15 miles on Sunday, driving seven hours to Alabama on Monday in pouring rain, and a host of other things including walking two hours non-stop in the mall with my mother. I have walked longer than that with her and it amazes me that she does not think she can complete a 5K (3.1 miles). Really? It would take her less than two hours to complete that so she is definitely up to the task. She can even train while shopping. 

Last night my niece and I made cranberry sauce, 42 mini frittatas, and baked a ham all just before midnight. That is midnight central time but my body is still on eastern time. And yes, that does make a difference. 

No matter. Being physically tired is generally a product of doing and I like doing. I will be doing again today and I do not care if I get even more tired. 

Determine never to be idle. No person will have occasion to complain of the want of time who never loses any. It is wonderful how much may be done if we are always doing. 

Thomas Jefferson