Search This Blog

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Flying with 14 miles in my Newtons from #The SC Foot Store

Until my website gets back up, I will be continuing my journey in my Newtons here. I lost track of the days, so I have no idea how many days I have been running in my shoes. I think I am close to 30 now.

Today I ate 14 miles for breakfast at 5am from Sullivan's Island to the Isle of Palms and back. It is my longest run in a very, very long time. My longest since 2008 when I ran my last marathon. My longest since I decided that I did not want to run another marathon again, ever. I won't say it was easy, but it was much easier than the 11 miles I ran a few weeks ago. We had an ocean breeze and it wasn't as hot.

Also we were running under the planet Venus which I am not sure had any influence on the run, but I will give it the credit. It was a good run. So good that the fact that the people who were running 16 miles passed us around mile 11 and I did not even care. This was my run and my pace. It was about me and my abilities. And of course Yvonne who momentarily distracted me as she was performing her daughter's tap routine while running beside me. All I can say is 'interesting'.

I wore my new North Face hydration system for the first time. Yes, I know that I should have worn it on shorter runs first, but I didn't. No excuses, I just didn't. Moving on, it worked fine. Actually better than fine because it is much nicer than my Camelbak and it has pockets. Thanks, Sandy.

I ate half of a Smucker's Uncrustable (strawberry jelly and peanut butter) at mile 7. I really love those things. 

I think I might have to change shoes. My big toe on my right foot really hurt on mile 11. I already had a callous on it and it is not going away. I will head back to the store sometime next week. Stay tuned.


No comments: