Search This Blog

Monday, June 25, 2012

Flying on my birthday

Today is my birthday. I am not having a party this year. I want to try something new. I plan to run 5.1 miles on the beach with a few of my running sistergirlfriends in celebration of me. The 5.1 miles signifies this being my 51st year of being alive and healthy. 

I am sure we will have some cake, maybe a cupcake and the champagne will flow AFTER we run. We won't be racing, it will be a nice easy pace. The goal is to enjoy each other's company while watching the sunset and maybe see dolphins in the ocean. 

It does not matter how you celebrate yourself or when you do it, just do it. You don't have to wait until your birthday, but it is a good day as any to start. 

Every year on your birthday, you get a chance to start new.
Sammy Hagar 


No comments: