Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Flying in unchartered waters, sort of a re-post

Today at 10:30am I will be on an interview. Yes, this has been a long time coming and I am anxious. I know that I know my material and have practiced my presentation over and over again. In fact I even sent it to a friend for critique and suggestions. So why is there a little bit of nagging doubt in the back of my mind? Why is so easy to believe that I could blow this and remain exactly where I am right now? Why isn't is as easy to think that I can do this because I have worked so hard and that I deserve this?

Maybe because thinking that I got this feels a little like bragging. It feels a bit less humbled. Maybe right now I am thinking that someone else should could do the job better. Maybe I am a bit too comfortable being uncomfortable about my current situation. Maybe I am thinking much too far ahead about the next step when I have not even made it to the interview. Fear of the unknown, fear of change, or something else? I am just not sure.

I am flying into uncharted waters and that is a good thing. I am being honest with myself.  And whether or not I get this job, I will do my best. I will do my best and let God handle the rest.


When you come to the end of all the light you know, and it’s time to step into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing that one of two things shall happen: Either you will be given something solid to stand on or you will be taught to fly.
-Edward Teller

No comments: