Search This Blog

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Flying with forgiveness, it makes y ou lighter

I spent some time Wednesday speculating on the whereabouts of our Governor, Mark Sanford. Then I spent a few more hours gloating, and taking in all the lurid details about where he had been, and with whom.
I opined with friends some really not very nice things.

Along about dinner time, I came to the realization, that I would not want anyone to know the worst thing/things I've ever done and I certainly would not want it to be fodder for idle gossip and fuel for the 24 hour news cycle.

I am sorry for my unkind thoughts and words.

I am sorry for Mrs Sanford, as well as Governor Sanford.

I am sorry for the as of yet un-named paramour.

And I am truly sorry for all the children involved.

It struck me as I was trying to be less judgmental, that Mr Sanford must care very deeply for this woman to risk so much to be with her.

I am sure many of us have experienced the ache that comes from not being able to give expression to our feelings.

He must also on some level feel love and gratitude to his wife Jenny.
They have four healthy sons and a twenty year marriage.

I am not condoning or condemning what Mr Sanford has done.
It is not my place to do so.

I just know that living this life is hard sometimes, and because of that we often times make poor choices.
A Good Book says, "...for all have sinned and fallen short of the mark.

"Sinned," could mean we broke our own moral code or we did 50 miles an hour in a school zone.

As this story continues to unwind, I am going to try to keep showing compassion for the Governor, his wife, his children, the other woman and her children as well.

I have been learning a method of clearing negative energy called, "ho'oponopono."

Ho'oponopono is an ancient Hawaiian art of healing. Basically you need to realize that everything around you is not really outside you, but inside. You are making everything in this world happen. You are 100 percent responsible for everything in your life. You are 100 percent responsible for all the problems you've encountered. (Whether they are your problems or someone else's")

The loose definition of Ho‘oponopono is "to set things right".

Since you are the sole creator of your entire existence, you have the power to create whatever "right" world that you want to live in, and you can do it by simply saying and believing these 4 simple phrases.
I am sorry
Please forgive me
I love you
Thank you

Now, many of us will say, "I did nothing to cause Mark Sanford to leave the state, cheat on his wife or lie about his whereabouts."

If we believe we are all ONE. Then we are all One, all the time.

In the area of problem solving: (or forgiveness) the world is a reflection of what is happening inside us. If you are experiencing upset or imbalance, the place to look is inside yourself, not outside at the object you perceive as causing your problem. Every stress, imbalance or illness can be corrected just by working on yourself.

Try this if you will; Write down the name of anyone you have an issue with, and then just work on yourself. You must cleanse your judgments, beliefs, attitudes and ask the Divinity what you can do for the person. As those attachments and memories are cleansed, the person improves.

All that was required, is an appeal to the divine creator of our choice "through the divinity that is within each person ... who is really an extension of the divine creator."
Perhaps we can try to operate our lives and our relationships according to the following insights:
1. The physical universe is an actualization of my thoughts.
2. If my thoughts are cancerous, they create a cancerous physical reality.
3. If my thoughts are perfect, they create a physical reality brimming with LOVE.
4. I am 100% responsible for creating my physical universe the way it is.
5. I am 100% responsible for correcting the cancerous thoughts that create a diseased reality.
6. There is no such thing as out there.
Everything exists as thoughts in my mind.

Ho’oponoponois an updated version of an ancient Hawaiian problem solving process of repentance, forgiveness and transmutation.
Do not judge and you will not be judged.
Do not condemn and
You will not be condemned.
Forgive and you will be forgiven.

Jesus as reported in Luke 6

I am sure not everyone will or can embrace this healing/clearing method, but I invite you to try it even in a small area of conflict in your life.
You may be amazed at the results.
And send a little good energy to the Sanfords.

One of the wisest women I know, told me once, "You must forgive, because forgiveness is giving ourselves piece of mind."

We all need that, especially when we feel that we are the least deserving of it.

Namaste,
Cookie

No comments: