Search This Blog

Monday, July 21, 2008

A FLYING SPECIAL NEWS UPDATE!

I am flying higher than I have in a while. I received an email from the office of the Archivist for Coca-Cola. They have a blog (http://www.coca-colaconversations.com/) that covers Coke's heritage and its role in pop culture. They found us thanks to the blog Flying with Coke cake! They are interested in including it -- and our overall story and the idea of our blog into their blog. This is so amazing. I am so excited. I will keep you updated, but in the meantime check out the Coca-Cola blog and drink a coke in celebration with us! I have included it on the blog list.

Read and toast a Coke to Mary Cowser (today Mary Alexander) one of the first non-celebrity African-American women to appear in Coke ads at http://www.coca-colaconversations.com/my_weblog/2008/02/mary-alexander.html. Another woman who has flown high before us, paving the way for us.

On a side note, I who hate all diet sodas, tried Coke Zero. I was pleasantly surprised. Since I usually do not drink sodas, I will not be drinking it every day, but I will have one every now and then. Try it.

No comments: