Search This Blog

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Flying for Coke cake

I just finished the last piece of Coke cake. My mom made it for my birthday. For those of you who have never had a piece, I feel sorry for you. It is divine. Unfortunately, there isn't any left to share with you, but I will give you the recipe. I am sure there is a reduced calorie version, but I refuse to mess with delicious perfection. I will just run an extra mile or two tomorrow.


COKE CAKE
from the kitchen of Joyce Walker

1 cup Coke 2 cup sugar
2 cup flour 2 sticks butter
3 tbsp cocoa ½ cup buttermilk
2 eggs 1 tsp. soda
1½ c. miniature marshmallows 1 tsp. vanilla
Heat butter, cocoa and coke til it boils.
In mixer bowl add other ingredients except marshmallows and beat well.
Add the heated mixture and mix well. Then add marshmallows.
Bake in a well greased and floured pan 9x2x13 in. for 30-40 minutes at 350°.

ICING
1 cup pecans 3 tbsp. cocoa
6 tbsp. Coke ½ cup butter (1 stick)
1 box powered sugar
Heat butter, Coke and cocoa til it boils. Take off stove and add powered sugar and pecans. Pour over hot cake.