Search This Blog

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Flying while beautifully broken

Are you beautifully broken? Do you handle your disappointments with dignity and grace? Or do you hibernate until the storm has passed? I am a hibernator. I prefer to deal with my hurt and pain alone.

I am not a big Ashlee Simpson fan, but when I heard this song I had to include it on the playlist. I love the phrase BEAUTIFULLY BROKEN. It implies that there is no shame in not being happy for the moment. It means that we can still fly while crying. We can still fly while it seems that our worlds are crashing. It means just being in the moment and not letting the moment consume our souls. Nothing lasts forever, not even pain and despair.

I'm beautifully broken and I don't mind if you know it
I'm beautifully broken and I don't care if I show it
Every day is a new day I'm reminded of my past
Everytime theres another storm I know that it wont last
Every moment I'm filled with hope cause i get another chance
But I will try I will try
Got nothing left to hide
Here is a link to the song. It is also on U Tube.

No comments: