Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Flying between the spaces

It has been a crazy month and it is almost over. In a few days it will be six months before Christmas. I know that because that day is my birthday: June 25th. It is hard to believe that I have not written here most of the month. I had no idea until I logged on today. I promise to do better.

Boris Smokrovic
I am still processing the fact that I have osteoarthritis in my right knee and I have been told to stop running. I have complied so far, not willingly though. I cried. I got mad. I got scared. And then I got busy. I increased my yoga practice. I am now walking with a co-worker, and I have gotten back in the pool. Next will be getting back on my bicycle. No, I am not training for a triathlon. I have done three already. I am just exploring different fitness options for my life. I cannot just sit still. I have nightmares about gaining so much weight that I am on the show My 600 pound life. Dramatic? Maybe just a tad, but real on some level in my mind right now.

Maybe I will discover that I have a talent for another sport. Maybe I will love something else as much as I love running. I am beginning to look forward to the journey of exploration. I hope I will find my tribe here so I can stop running back to Charleston. I know it is a process. I have moved from one place to another my entire life. But it is the in the meantime that is difficult.

Life is a process of things. I am learning to embrace the journey.

No comments: