Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Flying after getting what you asked for

Jon Ottosson

I got what I asked for. It does not look like I thought it would. It did not come packaged like I thought it would. And I certainly do not feel like I thought I would. So I am just sitting here trying to figure out why I am sort of sad.

In all honesty I when I asked God for relief, for something better, for more, for guidance, and for grace I wasn't expecting something so ordinary. I was expecting to be catapulted somewhere else. Somewhere 'sparkly'. Yes, I actually used the word 'sparkly' in my prayers. I even said it out loud to a few people. I am not ashamed. You do not have to use that word if you don't want to, but it is not a crime. It is not wearing sheer pink leggings as pants showing all your stuff. (I really saw a woman dressed in that the other day).

Anyway, I got what I asked for. Now I have to accept it. I really don't but what is the point of refusing? Yes, I am so out of my comfort zone and it will get even more uncomfortable and I will need a ton of help and we all know that even though I say I am better at asking I have a long, long, long, long way to go. And I do not even understand why I am not doing backflips other than the fact that I do not know even know how.

Is it because this is the end of a phase? Have I been comfortably uncomfortable too long? Have I been perfectly content to complain about my present circumstances instead of doing more to change them? Or is it because I told myself that the next time I would not be alone and I am still very much alone? God does answer prayers, just not that one. Or maybe He has and I have not been paying close enough attention, but I doubt it.

Anyway, when you ask God to order your steps you have to move your feet. Right? So I am moving. Not exactly sure what my next dwelling will look like. It is still a bit too overwhelming right now. It isn't even official right now, so I have time to...start getting rid of stuff, start fixing stuff, start organizing stuff, start start start. God is ordering my steps so it will be wonderful once I get there.

I want to challenge you today to get out of your comfort zone. You have so much incredible potential on the inside. God has pust gifts and talents in you that you probably don't know anything about.
 
Joel Osteen