Search This Blog

Monday, October 19, 2015

Flying when it breaks

Simon Schmitt
It has been a crazy past few days. I tore my contact on the same day my running shoe fell apart. And then there was the torrential rains that attacked the entire state of South Carolina. Add that to me not being able to turn my head off and not putting enough things in the God box or not leaving the things I put in there in there.

Lots of lessons learned and many more to learn. That I understand. And in the meantime I keep plugging along doing the best I can being the best I can.

There is a sweet subtle beauty when things break. Each individual piece standing on its own. Looking unique looking like it did before and yet not like it did before. Strange. We admire the rocks after they have been eroded by the waves. Yet we often forget the enormous amount of energy and force it took for them to get that way.

So the next time something in you breaks, take a moment to admire the beauty of what remains. Pay attention to what was able to withstand the force and be proud.

No comments: