Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Flying in the meantime

Namphuong Van

I am getting ready to do something to make things a bit better for my life. I have been praying and expecting something huge to happen and finally I decided that I had to do something in the meantime. This may not be the best thing for me to do. It isn't illegal or anything like that. It will just take up a whole lot more of my time (as if I have a lot of that to begin with). 

I realized that I needed to put more works behind my faith. I needed to believe while doing something to help myself. I needed to answer at least part of my prayers myself. It is not the optimal solution, but it is a solution for the time being. Or at least for the present time. 

I just hope this alleviates some stress instead adding stress to my life. And if it doesn't work out, it just doesn't work out. I won't die or even bleed. Actually, it could be fun. I am excited. And am amazed that I did not think to do this before. Okay, I just did not think that I should HAVE to do this before now. I honestly thought that things would just work out and I would not have to worry. Funny, since for the past few months all I did was worry. I prayed and worried. 

The idea started floating around in my head when a friend mentioned that he was taking on more hours. And then one of my co-workers admitted that she needed some relief with her student loans that the light came on in my head. There was no shame is having a side hustle especially if it isn't too taxing and provides at least some benefits. It is only slightly about minimum wage so I will not be living la vida loca, but it will provide me with some breathing room. And right now I will settle for that. Because right now, I really need to breathe. And doing this will at least give me the illusion of seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and know it is not a freight train heading straight towards me. 



No comments: