Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Flying when you can only watch

This weekend I watched a dear sistergirlfriend after she found out that the man she wanted to spend of her life with decided to do that with someone else. Yes, that sucks in a big way. There was nothing I could do but hug her and be there listening. And since I have experience in that area I was able to say the things to her that I wished someone had said to me while avoiding those things that I wished people had not said to me. 

Breno Machado

I will admit it was painful watching her. She deserves much better. And it really hurts knowing that he chose someone else. It is hard to understand that. It is also hard to see past that. But that is not important. What is important is what she does right here and right now. And that is my job as her friend.

I listened and offered no advice. She did not need advice. She just needed to be heard, to be validated, to be loved, and to just be. Tomorrow she will begin again and one day the pain won't be as present. 




No comments: