Search This Blog

Monday, April 20, 2015

Flying in God's Time, a re-post

William Iven
Are you like me and want things to happen on your schedule? I am not patient. When I want something, I want it. Interestingly enough I have found that more often than not, if things had happened when I commanded them, the outcome would not have been as grand. This knowledge still does not stop me from wanting things on my terms and in my time.

My birthday one year brought death of a friend's mother and the funeral of another. A few years before it brought the death of my grandmother and the funeral of a friend's husband. For some reason, today those thoughts caused me to truly reflect and to try harder to accept God's Will, timing, and His infinite wisdom. It is truly not all about me even on my birthday.


To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: a time to be born and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn and a time to dance; a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; a time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; a time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; a time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.Ecclesiastes 3:1-8