Search This Blog

Monday, February 23, 2015

Flying dangerously close to the FAUX thing, a re-post

There are times when we want our THING so much that the mere appearance of something similar gives way to chase. That happened to me the other day. I was so convinced that my THING was within reach that I charged full speed ahead. Only after I was closer enough to smell it, did I realize that this was not my THING, but a faux thing. And for some reason I thought I could make it work until my THING came along.

Edan Cohen

Well, fortunately I was not given the opportunity to have the faux thing and when that call came I felt a huge sense of relief. There were no tears, no regrets, and I almost danced. So deep inside I knew it was a faux thing.

It is good that I did not get the faux thing because I would have given my all to the faux thing and would have been still yearning for my real THING. It would have been a waste of time and my talent.

Yes, I am thanking God for this unanswered prayer. And yes, I am still waiting for my THING while maintaining the status quo, but there at least I avoided potential disaster. And maybe I have a few more lessons to learn before I can get my THING.

You always get what you need, which, in the end is better than what you think you want
Mastin Kipp

No comments: