Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Flying half crazy

Liane Metzler

Lately I have been extremely stressed. So much to the point that I think I am half crazy. I am forgetting things, running around looking for things that when found were right where they were supposed to be and I did look there first.

I have wondered how I get anything done. How have I managed to be successful at anything lately? Is the question I ask myself time and time again.

Instead I should be marveling at just how much I have done. How far I have come. Allow myself to wonder at what more I can do what more I will do.

That is a much better way of thinking so why is it so difficult for me to do it? Why is is easier to berate myself over my failures or least than notable attempts? Why is it easier to remember what I haven't done than what I have done. Funny since I wrote the book Success by Acclamation. Perhaps I need to read it again.

I need to be kinder and gentler to me. I need to act like my best friend. I need to remember that I am allowed to be human. I can take of the veneer mask that I show to the world. I can take a break to breathe, eat lunch, have a glass of wine, or a shot of peppermint schnapps in my hot chocolate after I ran a half marathon at midnight, or anything else. I deserve to be happy and to strive for it at the risk of missing a deadline of crossing something off my list entirely without ever doing it.



No comments: