Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Flying while 'working on it'

It has been a week since my running twin Yvonne has died. I am still in shock. It is hard to believe. The week before Thanksgiving she did the Philly half marathon. Then she spent Thanksgiving in New York City. Hearing about her adventures made me tired.

Now she is resting. She rarely rested. She lived life to its fullest. She was always doing something. Working, running, actively loving her family, planning, racing, giving all of us encouragement, giving all of us advice, and always smiling. I admired her strength her positive energy, her drive; hell everything about her.

She told me to hurry up and come visit her. And I promised that I was 'working on it'. I was. I really was. I guess I just wasn't working on it hard enough.


Cancer taught me to stop saving things for a special occasion. Everyday is special. You don't have to get to start living life to the fullest. My post-cancer philosophy? No wated time. No ugly clothes. Nor boring movies.
 
Regina Brett


No comments: