Search This Blog

Monday, June 2, 2014

Flying past a goal



I did it . I did it in grand style. I surpassed a goal. It was wasn't pretty, in fact it was quite sweaty. It was not easy, but I did it. What am I talking about? 

My goal is to run 100 miles every month. There have been times when I would jump on the treadmill at midnight to get in the last few miles. But last month I did not have to do that. Last month I ran 131 miles! 

I know that there are people who have run much more miles than me, but that is not the point. The point is that I set a goal and exceeded it in a big way. Thirty-one miles more. I am thrilled. It was tough and I am proud. And no, I did not eat a cupcake to celebrate. 

What goals have you accomplished that you celebrate publicly or privately? 





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice Job on completing your goal! I completed a goal by becoming a Libero for my Volleyball Team. Its no much to people outside of volleyball only the people that do volleyball will understand it. Anyway it is just important to me. Hey do me a favor check out my blog http://raccoonlainey.blogspot.com/
Thanks, Raccoonlainey!