Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Flying like a big cat on my birthday


Martyn Seddon
Today is my birthday. Believe it or not I almost forgot. I feel like I have been under a cloud and other things overshadowed my day. There will not be any big hoopla this year. I am not in the mood. I want to just sit and be reminded that no matter what is going on around me that I am strong. I will think of myself as a big cat which is funny because I HATE CATS and am highly allergic.

Just look at this picture. Can you see the elegance and the strength? Does it evoke fear as well as beauty? Do you doubt that this animal is swift, daring, cunning, and capable? Those are the words that I want to be today. Okay, everyday but especially today. Or maybe starting today. Starting today I will think of myself as this big cat and not allow what goes on around me or within me to make me crumble, stumble or fall. Or if I do, I will get back up and be even more courageous. After all I am the self proclaimed poster child for the 50+ and fabulous. Plus I am truly blessed. I have my health, the love of friends and family. Happy birthday to me I have all I need, party not required.

What gets you through the day when things get tough? What do you tell yourself?

The only courage that matters is the kind that gets you from one moment to the next.
Mignon McLaughlin



No comments: