Search This Blog

Monday, April 7, 2014

Flying without shoes

I live in South Carolina and work in Savannah, GA. It is a two and a half hour commute. No, I do not drive it everyday. The other day while in Savannah I realized at lunch time I left my running shoes at my house. Yes, my house two and a half hours away. Are there running shoe places in Savannah? Of course there are. Did I go to one any buy new shoes? Or course I did not.

Yes, I drove all the way back home to get my shoes. And of course to sleep in my own bed. I had to go home because I could not go an entire week without running. Plus it cost $30 in gas to drive home and over $100 to buy a new pair of shoes from strangers. I buy my shoes from the same place from the same people. It is a personal thing for me.

I had the perfect excuse not to run, but I did not take it. It just did not seem right. Call me crazy, I do not care. I have my shoes with me now and I am headed out for a run soon. I do me and you do you.

Hold yourself responsible for a higher standard than anybody expects of you. Never excuse yourself. 

Henry Ward Beecher


No comments: