Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Flying while running

Thanks to the help of some really, really good friends I managed to meet my goal of 100 miles last month. Usually getting that many miles a month is not an issue. However last month I was stricken by food poison. And as fantastic as I am, food poisoning won that round. I was out for about a week and that is at least 20 miles.

When I told my running friends that I was really trying to meet my goal they offered to run with me. That entailed more 4:30am runs than normal, but I got it done. We got it done.

Of course if I did not meet my goal life as I know it would not come to an end. I have run more than 100 in other months so my average would be fine. And there may come a month when I will not get 100 miles. I know that. I know that but I will still push forward towards the goal. And as long as I have awesome amazing friends, I will have the love and support I need to reach it.

Human progress is neither automatic or inevitable...Every step toward the goal of justice requires sacrifice, suffering, and struggle; the tireless exertions and passionate concern of dedicated individuals.

Martin Luther King, Jr. 


No comments: