Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Flying when I really want to rest

I have been tired lately. Partly due to being ill, but mostly because I have been trying to do more than I am capable of. I have been trying to handle things that are completely out of my control. I am stepping on God's toes and He is allowing that to happen. You know, that free will stuff. I know I am doing it. I know I should stop doing it. And yet, here I am doing it again and again and again.

Once I said turning this over to God is easier said than done. And one of my friends told me that it is easier to let go than to hold on. All I had to do was do it. Sounds simple, right? I mean I have run marathons. I have done some incredible things. Why is simple so hard?

So, again I will try. I have to try. I am tired of not trying. Practice makes perfect, right?

It doesn't take a lot of strength to hang on. It takes a lot of strength to let go. 

J. C. Watts

No comments: