Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Flying with the flu

I am not sure how it happened, but the flu got me. It got me good. I was unable to function normally. I did not run, I did not walk, I did not eat, and I could barely breathe. It was humbling. Humbling because I needed help and there was no way I could hide it or do things myself. And I was very grateful for the assistance. 

I honestly thought I was coming down with a cold. I was going to go to the store and grab some pre-cold stuff and treat myself. Yeah, as if I knew exactly what I was doing. Not that I won't ever do that again, but it was a lesson well learned. I do not have a medical degree and should defer all diagnoses to those who do. If I had listened to myself I would probably still be sick and not able to run for many more days to come.

The flu is very unpredictable when it begins and in how it takes off.

Harvey V. Fineberg

No comments: