Search This Blog

Friday, October 25, 2013

Flying trying to get there

I am gearing up to run the Marine Corps marathon for the second time. Yes, I said that I would not run another marathon until I turned 70, but life happens. My stomach is full of knots right now. I think that is because I started packing. The weather is DC is showing 40 degrees early morning. At the moment I am used to 60 and am a bit unsure what to wear. Yes, I am acting as if I have never run in cold weather before. But in my defense, it has been a few months or years if you count the last time I ran in the northeast. 

I am apprehensive about the race because I usually do not race well. Perhaps I place much too much pressure on myself during the race or maybe I get overwhelmed. I need to change my thought process this time. I will do this and I will do it well. I will trust my training and I have been training very hard. Also, I am about 45 pounds lighter than I was before and I am much wiser. 

I will begin the race and take each step purposefully until the end. I will not be alone in my quest, yet it is my journey alone. My journey alone and I am READY.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. 
Lao Tzu




No comments: