Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Flying when the words won't come

I have been having problems lately finding words. My head is full of them, but they don't seem to want to make it to my fingers to make it on the pages. Maybe my plate is too full even for me to handle. Teaching full time requires preparation and maybe that is where all of my words have gone. A lot has happened and yet nothing has changed much. Just the words. They got lost or maybe they are taking a break.

There are times when words are not necessary. Times when it is safer to be quiet than confront the storm. Sometimes it is better to watch from a distance and wonder in amazement. Better to think before speaking or writing. Better to breathe. Better to just be.

The right word may be effective, but no word was ever as effective as a rightly timed pause. 
Mark Twain


No comments: