Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Flying on my birthday

Today is my birthday. The plan is to meet some friends on the Mt. Pleasant side of the Ravenel Bridge (which at this moment is the longest cable suspension bridge in North America). The goal is to eat at least 5.2 miles for breakfast because today, I am 52. 

This part of the blog is a re-post. I felt the need to go back to when I started this blog and recommit myself. I needed to remember why I started on this journey and be thankful today of all days of how far I have come. I need to not be sad that my grandmother died on my birthday, I need to feel honored. 

Yesterday a friend told me that birthdays are the start of a new year. So Happy New Year to me.

If I haven't said it enough, thank you Cookie for starting me on this journey. 
 
The inspiration for this blog is a good friend of mine, Cookie Washington. She told me the story about there not being many African American women commercial pilots because no one told us that we could fly. This happens a lot in life. I am defining flying as succeeding. I refuse to define success. That is up to you. I would like to offer inspiration and encouragement. I would like to share my flying stories and read about your flying stories. I will start with one inspirationaly quote from Wilma Rudolph "My doctor told me I would never walk again. My mother told me I would. I believed my mother". Amaze if she had not listened or believed her mother. Who is your champion?

No comments: