Search This Blog

Monday, May 20, 2013

Flying after the storm

I am collaborating with my dear sistergirlfriend  Brenda  Smith  on this one:
In the past week I have learned that three very beautiful, very strong, and very women in my life are battling cancer. They all have a different type and it is ravaging their bodies in different ways, yet their spirits are strong and fierce. As I hug them in my mind I am whispering "All is well". Yet I know that there are many times in their journeys that is not so. All is not well. There are times when life just sucks and there is not much left to do except scream, cry, lash out, and dare I say it? I dare, be mad at God.

The words below sent to me by Brenda were comforting and she had no idea what was going on in my life when she sent them. That alone is evidence that God is near. So this is to everyone fighting a battle today.

AFTER THE STORM. After the storms have ended in your life. After the sea has stopped raging. After the waves have settled back down. After some of the tears have been shed. After all is quiet....there is something so awesome you will hear...that still small voice. "And after the earthquake a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice. (I Kings 19:12). HE will whisper..."I Am Here."




No comments: