Search This Blog

Monday, March 11, 2013

Flying around just hovering trying to get it done

I am back. I had not realized that I was gone. That is sort of scary, but there are times when things in front of your face block out the other things. It doesn't mean that the things behind are not important. It just means that focus is somewhere else at the moment or in my case about a week.

And I am still tired. For some reason running those 10 miles yesterday wore me out. I will blame it on the time change and the commute of 2 hours and 33 minutes to Savannah where I teach at South University all day on Saturdays.

It probably doesn't help that I have NOT been taking my vitamins or drinking enough water. My head is just full of thinking and over-thinking and then thinking again. It isn't that I don't trust that God will bring me to the right place. It is that I don't think I am just supposed to sit down and wait for that to happen. I am researching, looking, asking questions, and attempting to put plans in place.

Isn't that what I am supposed to be doing? Making the effort, putting in the good work?

And I know this quote really has nothing to do with my story, but I like it and am using it. That was an easy decision.

I think that when you get dressed in the morning, sometimes you're really making a decision about your behavior for the day. Like if you put on flipflops, you're saying: 'Hope I don't get chased today. Be nice to people in sneakers.'

Demetri Martin

No comments: