Search This Blog

Friday, July 6, 2012

Flying with bad days

Earlier this week, I did not want to get out of bed. I did not want to run or to go out of my house. Fortunately a friend of mine encouraged me to get up and go for a run. The distance of the run did not matter, I just needed to do it. I ended up running 5 miles which is more than I would have done in my bed. 

I will not say that day turned out to be the best day of my life. I will say that I got through it just as I have gotten through other bad days. And I will get through more bad days. Those are bittersweet victories, but victories nonetheless.

I also know that I will celebrate good days and great days. And during those times, the bad days will not seem as poignant or as painful.

The most glorious moments in your life are not the so-called days of success, but rather those days when out of dejection and despair you feel rise in you a challenge to life, and the promise of future accomplishments.
Gustave Flaubert 

 

No comments: