Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Flying taking one day at a time

I got in a run yesterday. Yes, after a week of sitting on the bench I was able to lace my shoes up and get some mileage in. It felt like a slow process. Shortly after the injury I could barely walk. Then I could hobble, then I could walk a little bit, then I could walk a bit more normal and then I was walking as if I was never hurt. 

Was I stressed and frustrated? Yes, I was. Each day I was testing the healing and preparing myself for the pain. And then finally after resting, resting, resting I am better. 

Life can be like that as well. Our progress is slow and painful until one day we are in a better place and the pain is a distant memory.

Always remember that the future comes one day at a time.  
Dean Acheson

No comments: