Search This Blog

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Flying with a graceful exit

The other day a friendship imploded. I can't say that I did not see it coming. I guess I was content to let it unravel. Looking back there were issues, but I had other priorities. But for some reason this time I pushed back. I did not hold my tongue or in this case my fingers on the keyboard. 

It felt like a twilight moment. Like I was having an out of body experience the way it went down. I was amazed, surprised, and relieved. Relieved because the gloves came off on both sides and it turned into a beautiful disaster with neither one of us stepping up to make it right. 

Or maybe what happened was right. Maybe stepping up to clarify or articulate something differently would have just prolonged the inevitable. Who knows? We will both be fine. No tears were shed that I know of. Maybe we will connect again and maybe we won't. I am fine either way and I am sure she is as well. 
 
I am not sure what we lost if anything. We both have value. We both are worthy.
 
People enter and exit your life, and sometimes exits are for the best. Do not think of ending friendship as a failure. 
 
Anonymous
 
 
 

No comments: