Search This Blog

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Flying with paprika chicken

A dear sistergirlfriend gave me this recipe. I just had to share it because it is divine. Last night I made it with pork chops and it worked just as well. I hope you enjoy it.

Chicken Paprika

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoon paprika (I was a bit more generous)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (I used a very liberal sprinkling of freshly grated nutmeg instead)
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (I probably doubled this)
1 chopped onion (make sure you chop big chunks, they crisp up nicely and add texture)

Put all of the ingredients in a casserole dish. Rub your meat in the concoction. Put the onions on top. Cook in a 500 degree oven for 30 minutes.

You can also take a cookie sheet and toss veggies like zucchini, squash, and asparagus in olive oil and a little lemon juice. Put the cookie sheet on the rack below the meat and cook it all at the same time.

It is the perfect 30 minute meal!

No comments: