Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Flying with power

I have going through a lot of what seems to me insanity in my life these past few days. There were times when I began to question my own mind. I even asked a sister girlfriend if I was losing my mind! I was allowing myself to be sucked into a vortex. I could see and feel it happening. I just felt powerless to stop it. Then I decided to just stop. To stop feeding into the frenzy, the madness, the ridiculous idea that I was somehow responsible for something so far removed from me, and the guilt. Yes, the guilt that I was causing something to go out of control. Yes, for a few minutes, I thought I was just that powerful. I thought that I was the catalyst for something much greater than myself. I thought that I, not God, was the creator. How crazy is that? While I will rightfully take responsibility for my part in the chaos, I will not feel bad because something did not go the way it was planned. Nor will I play the victim. I encourage you not to play the victim or martyr either. It is a useless waste of time, energy, and self worth. We all have the power to stop spinning out of control. It may not be easy, but it is possible. Believe me, I speak from experience.

The Power Principle
Any change, any loss, does not make us victims. Others can shake you, surprise you, disappoint you, but they can't prevent you from acting, from taking the situation you're presented with and moving on. No matter where you are in life, no matter what your situation, you can always do something. You always have a choice and the choice can be power.
Blaine Lee

No comments: