Search This Blog

Monday, July 14, 2008

Flying with no words

I love the Story People. I think it is the brain child of Brian Andreas. I first saw their work in the Red Piano II an art gallery on St. Helena Island. I fell in love. I did not buy any of their work, but the thought of them never left my mind. I saw their work in a gallery on King Street. This time I purchased a small print. It had a very funky drawing with the saying: looking for a slinky black dress for later on which is how you can tell this is a fairy princess with an edge . I cannot remember exactly why I bought that one, but I promise you, there was a reason. A very good reason.

Anyway today, I found this saying. I never saw the print. I don't need it. I can close my eyes and imagine what it looks like, what it feels like. I now know that this is exactly what I want. This is exactly what I need to hear. Just reading it took my breath away and I want to experience that a lot more often.

No Words

I read once that the ancient Egyptians had fifty words for sand & the Eskimos had a hundred words for snow. I wish I had a thousand words for love, but all that comes to mind is the way you move against me while you sleep & there are no words for that.

May we all have a love like that, a lot! Or just once if it lasts forever.

The Story People can be found at http://www.storypeople.com

No comments: